Delicious Eats: Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Shrimp Scampi originated from Italy, where bits of European crustacean were used instead of shrimp and the majority of the flavour came from cooking and soaking in its own juices, with the addition of garlic and oil on top of the pasta. When bringing the dish to North America, it was adapted and altered to the mouth-watering dish we know today.
With the cold winter season coming up, we have the perfect recipe for you and your family to enjoy in the warm outdoors.
|Olive oil||4 Tbsp|
|Garlic||2-3 cloves, minced|
|Shallots||2 finely diced|
|White wine||½ cup|
|Butter unsalted||4 Tbsp|
|Lemon juice||½ cup or half a lemon|
|Shrimp||1 ½ Lbs|
|Red pepper flakes (optional)||To taste or ½ Tsp|
|Salt & Pepper||Adjust to taste|
- Put a large pot of water to boil and when it boils add a few tablespoons of salt and linguini. Be sure to stir the pasta so it separates and does not stick together. Once added and the water starts to reboil, boil pasta for 7-9 more minutes.
- In another pan or skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil and melt 2 tbsp of butter over high heat.
- Then add the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan or skillet and sauté until the shallots become translucent. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp with salt and pepper to the pan/skillet. Cook until they turn pink (about 2-3 minutes) and then remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Add the wine and lemon juice into the pan and bring to boil. Once the mixture boils, add 2 tbsp of butter and olive oil. If your sauce is too too thin, adding some flour will thicken the sauce to your preference.
- Once the butter melts, add your shrimp and parsley along with your cooked pasta.
With these aromatic ingredients in your scampi pasta, you will never be disappointed! Try out this quick, simple and delicious meal and let us know what you think down below!
Jeffrey Wu – Client Care Manager/Cardio Trainer
Jeff has been physically active ever since kindergarten and believes that enhancing overall health allows one to achieve their complete potential. He hopes to create an everlasting impact within the community by emphasizing the importance of consistent exercise routines, adequate nutrition and regular health checkups to create the brightest future possible.