How A Kinesiologist Can Help You Love Life Again
From injury assessments and disability management, to exercise prescriptions and ergonomics, we get you back to living and loving life. The most frequently asked question we get asked is, “what is the best way for me to get fit?” As much as we wish there was one-size-fits-all winning formula, with the human body’s 640 skeletal muscles and infinite variety in shapes and sizes, finding the best way can be a daunting task.
Restore Your Body to Healthy Motion
At Le Physique, our collective 24 years of studying the human body and movement (Kinesiology) allows us to expertly determine the best way for you to improve your health, function, and performance so that you can return to life.
Our team of university-educated kinesiologists are dedicated to helping you reduce pain and improve function so that you can get back to doing the things that you love. We combine our knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, and human factors with leadership, collaboration and coaching to improve the quality of your life.
What is Kinesiology?
Hear from Le Physique owner and Clinic Manager, Nicole Yamanaka.
“The trainers at Le Physique have helped me manage to overcome a lot of the problems I had with sciatica – and I feel that I am getting smarter and fitter in dealing with what can develop into a debilitating condition. The support and encouragement I have received from everyone on staff has been incredible.”
Marsha Sibthorpe | Kinesiology Client
Beyond helping you regain your quality of life, Kinesiology can also help you:
- Overcome or reduce the pain associated with an injury
- Manage, rehabilitate, and prevent disorders that impede movement
- Evaluate functional movement capacity
- Enhance movement, performance, and function in the areas of sport, recreation, work, exercise, and general activities of daily living
- Reduce risk factors for common medical conditions such as coronary heart disease and diabetes
We listen to and respect who you are, and give you what you need
As with all of our services, we begin with you. To return you to your pre-injury quality of life, we start with an in-depth consultation. During your consultation we will uncover, assess, and record your needs and goals. After that, we will go over past routines, injuries, health history, limitations, motivations, personal preferences, lifestyle, and anything else pertaining to your health fitness.
Following your initial consultation, we will study how you move and operate.
Once we have a clear picture of your starting point, our team of university-trained kinesiologists work collaboratively to build you a fitness plan tailored to your unique needs—based on the principles of biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, and psychomotor behaviour.
The next step is to put the plan in motion, literally.
Each and every training session is led by an experienced kinesiologist who specializes in human kinetics and functional movement.
- We tailor the equipment to your needs and preferences before you arrive;
- guide you through each exercise with clear verbal and tactile cues;
- answer your questions (when you have them);
- offer motivation and added encouragement;
- make adjustments to your form or equipment when needed;
- and provide you with exercise modifications to ensure your safety.
The result? A safe, effective, therapeutic, and transformative workout that gives you positive results you can feel after every session.
60 minute Cross Training session (30 cardio / 30 kinesiology) – from $60 / session
75 minute Focus Training session (15 cardio / 60 kinesiology) – from $110 / session
Contact us to help determine which session type is best for your needs